Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 18, 2011

A Letter



Dear Oliver,
Today was your first day with Maria, your babysitter. It was also, quite possibly, the hardest day your Mama has ever endured. You haven't been feeling too great so I felt terrible dropping you off, but I had to go back to work today. You cried when I handed you over to Maria, and I cried all the way to school...and then quite a bit more as I sat in my office, trying to get something accomplished.

Halfway through the day, I just had to know how you were doing so I texted Maria. You, of course, were doing just fine. You happened to be eating at the time...your favorite thing to do!

Your daddy picked you up after work and guess what...you survived! I, of course, was a whole different story. I cried for quite awhile after I got home too. All I could think of was how much I wanted to be home with you, all day, everyday.

Since I didn't have much time to spend with you before you had to go to bed, I decided I was going to make the most of it. After you got done pooping on me (welcome home, mom!), we read books and rocked and rocked and rocked. Eventually, you fell asleep on my shoulder so I begrudgingly put you to bed. As I write this, you are fast asleep, and I am listening to your lullaby music. This has been my most favorite night with you so far.

Tomorrow, we will get up and do it all over again. Hopefully, as the days go by, it will get easier and easier for both of us (ok, mostly me). You, however, are going to love Maria and have such a blast with the other kids there. Just know that, at the end of the day, your daddy and I will be back to take you home to play with you and snuggle and love on you. You are my whole world, and I love you more than you will ever know.

Hugs and kisses,
Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment