Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Week 5

**Note: I am now about 10 and 1/2 weeks pregnant. I wrote this about 5 weeks ago, before anyone knew, as a way of journaling my pregnancy, week by week.

This has been an interesting (and not so fun) week! I started off the week feeling VERY tired. I am taking naps whenever I can and going to bed each night by 8 or 9. Then, by the middle of the week, morning sickness, intense food aversions and mood swings set in. I am pretty much feeling nauseous 24/7, although, I did purchase SEA-Bands yesterday and they seem to be improving the situation a bit. I have had a very hard time eating this week because very few things sound appealing to me. I seem to be ok with carbs and fruit. Sweets, however, are out (how bizarre for me!).

I am trying to walk with Hoosier each night, but the intense heat here in Indianapolis and the nausea are making that difficult. So I'm trying to just rest as much as I can and eat as much as I can handle, for the time being.

This week I have also developed a terrible head cold (thanks to my kiddos at school) which has just about put me over the edge! I was already an emotional wreck, but things got much worse after I developed the cold. I actually cried in the middle of Walgreen's yesterday morning because the 70 year male pharmacist refused to tell me what kind of cold medicine was safe for me to take. I mean, seriously! At least I can laugh about it now, but at the time, I was traumatized. Thankfully, I have awesome friends at work! One in particular ran out to the nearest pharmacy and picked up medicine she knew I could take (by the way, the pharmacist where she went was more than happy to confirm her choice as safe). Now, I am hopefully on my way to getting rid of this cold and feeling less nauseous thanks to the SEA-Bands!

My first appointment with the nurse educator at my OB/GYN's office is on Monday! I'll keep you all posted on how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment