Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 34


Well, I can definitely tell I'm getting toward the end of this pregnancy. Things seem to get rougher and rougher as the days go by. This week was not a lot of fun. I actually managed to get a stomach virus AND the flu all in one week. Fortunately, the stomach virus only lasted about 36 hours, but I only had a 36 hour reprieve before I caught the flu that Don had been sick with. I'm still not 100%, but I feel a lot better than I did when it first started.

The stomach bug really threw me for a loop. I actually thought I was in labor, and the doctor wasn't even sure at first. It turns out that I just got dehydrated from being sick so often in such a short amount of time which caused the contractions to start. I thought for sure Baby K was coming! Once I got a bunch of fluids to stay down, though, the contractions and cramping stopped. I guess Baby K wants to hang out for a little while longer!

I also still have the sciatica so it continues to be difficult to walk and get around. The doctor says that is just an unfortunate side effect of how I'm carrying the baby. Funny thing, though...Baby K did NOT like the stomach virus at all and moved around a LOT during that time...right off my sciatic nerve. So, the best walking I could've done was when I was laid up in bed and couldn't really even move!

Despite all the illness, I have managed to put on quite a few pounds in the past couple of weeks. I am now at 31 pounds gained total. I have a feeling that some of that is water, though, since my legs and feet are swollen so much.

Here's to hoping that this next week is better for Baby K and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment