Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 8, 2011

Doctor's Appointment-Week 40

Today, Baby K is due. Unfortunately, he/she does not seem to have gotten the memo.

I went to the doctor today and got some good news and some bad news. The good news is that my blood pressure is elevated and I'm measuring smaller because Baby K's head has dropped even further. The bad news is that I am still not dilated...40 weeks pregnant and 0 cm dilated. So, it looks as though I am going to need my water to break in order to go into labor and avoid being induced. My doctor has agreed to let me hold out a bit longer since I really do not want to be induced.

If Baby K doesn't make an appearance in the next few days, I will go back next Thursday for a non-stress test. Basically, they will listen to Baby K's heartrate and monitor any contractions I may be having for a half hour. If everything seems to be fine, they will let me go over the weekend. That said, I will not go past 41 1/2 weeks. At that point, they will induce me.

Send up a prayer that Baby K decides to come on his/her own and that inducing me will be unnecessary. I'm also saying a little prayer that something happens this weekend, as one of my favorite doctors is on call. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment