Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Doctor's Appointment-Week 41

Don and I had what was to be our last prenatal appointment this afternoon. They did a non-stress test to check up on Baby K and then we saw the doctor. Baby K's heartrate was mainly in the 150s and 160s during the 30 minute test, and he/she was VERY active. The test also showed not a single contraction :)

By sheer stroke of luck, we got to see my doctor instead of the doctor we were supposed to see (whom I am not a big fan of). He confirmed that I am still 0 cm dilated and even checked again on my due date (yes, it really was April 8). Since the NST showed that Baby K is doing just fine, he agreed to let me keep going until the beginning of next week.

We decided that, unless Baby K decides to make an appearance earlier, I am going in on Monday afternoon to be induced. They will do Cervadil on Monday night and start Pitocin on Tuesday morning. If all goes well, Baby K will be here by Tuesday night, and my doctor will get to deliver the baby.

All that's left now is figuring out what in the world I'm going to do for the next 4 days to keep from going out of my mind!

1 comment: