Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 27, 2011

To Rest or Not to Rest

Well, today was the 4th day of contractions, and they decided to become more frequent...10-20 minutes apart for most of the morning and early afternoon. By mid-afternoon, the dull backache I had didn't seem to be going anywhere either so I called the doctor again. After explaining everything that's happened this week to the nurse, the doctor decided to send me home from work to rest. So here I am, laying in bed, watching old episodes of "Friends" and praying this does not become my life for the next 10 weeks.

So far, the contractions have slowed since I've been laying in bed so I'm a bit worried that bedrest may be in my future. I have to call the doctor in the morning to give him an update and see where we are going from here. He did say that it's possible I have contracted a virus that many pregnant women are getting right now, but judging from the fact that the contractions have slowed down since I've been resting, I don't think that's the case. I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment