Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Doctor's Appointment-Week 33

I had my most recent prenatal appointment a few days ago, and things went swimmingly. I saw one of my fav docs who is simply awesome. He assured me that I am measuring right on track (despite the many comments of others who believe I am either really small or look ready to pop at any given moment...ha!), that my kidneys are functioning properly still (a big concern for me since I have a kidney disorder) and that Baby K is doing just fine, in spite of all the craziness that has ensued in recent weeks. Baby K's heartrate was right around 145 which is about where it's been all along.

We also had a long conversation about the contractions I've been having. While they still don't know what's causing them, he assured me that by 34 1/2 weeks, these contractions become fairly normal for pregnant women. Moral of the story...pretty soon, I won't need to worry anymore. That said, my contractions could remain how they are now (inconsistent and not very strong) or they may worsen and possibly put me into actual labor. If that happens, he said they will not give me any medication to stop the labor so there is still a good possibility that Baby K could arrive early. Of course, no one really knows...we'll just have to wait and see!

I go back to the doctor in about 2 weeks, and then I will probably be down to weekly appointments...wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment