Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Week 33

I know this isn't really one of our typical belly pics, but we forgot to take one last week. We were so busy getting the house ready for the baby shower! I love this picture of me (even though my eyes are closed!) with one of my closest friends, Kim, who drove in from Ohio for the shower.

This past week was a pretty difficult one for me. The baby shower came at just the right time because the following day, Baby K decided to drop and unfortunately, dropped right onto my sciatic nerve. Thus, I have spent the week barely able to walk, particularly by the end of the day. I'm still working, but I spend most of the day in my chair (which is driving me nuts!) and relying on the help of others to get things for me and get my students places. Beginning on Monday, my maternity leave sub will be in my classroom with me full-time so this will hopefully make things a bit easier.

The sciatica has also made it difficult to sleep (and sit and stand and walk and...you get the point). My legs have been going numb and are incredibly swollen by the end of the day. I can't even wear regular socks or shoes anymore because they are so tight. Ankle socks and slip-on shoes are all I can handle these days.

The contractions are still coming too, although, they don't happen too often and don't seem to be getting stronger yet. I still think Baby K will be a March baby, but I guess we'll see what the next few weeks have in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment